These cookies are mostly dough with speckles of macadamias and white chocolate. With lots of vanilla, the dough makes great cookies all on its own, but the perfect 50/50 mixture of white chocolate and macadamias is totally indulgently beautiful.
Macadamia White Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted & cooled
1 cup packed brown sugar (light or dark)
1/2 cup pure white cane sugar
1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line baking sheet(s) with silicone baking mat.
2. In a large, deep bowl, mix together the sugars and melted butte with a rubber spatula.
3. Mix in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk until it looks slightly bubbly and creamy.
4. Slowly mix in the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in the macadamia nuts and chocolate chips.
5. Using a large spoon, place spoonfuls of dough on your baking sheet with a couple of inches separating them.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are light brown.